- 1½ cups Imperial Grain arborio rice
- 2 tbsp Beautifully Butterfully butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 2-3 tbsp Remano olive oil
- 1L Chefs’ Cupboard chicken stock
- ⅓ cup South Point Estate pinot grigio
- 500g Ocean Royale frozen prawns
- 140g Remano tomato paste
- ½ tsp Stonemill dried chilli flakes
- ½ cup Farmdale cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped finely
- Small, whole parsley leaves, for garnish
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Prawns should be defrosted – as packet directions – prior to cooking. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based pan over medium-high heat. Spread half the prawns in a single layer, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 1½ minutes, then turn and cook the other side for 1 minute. Remove and set aside. Add a touch more oil and repeat with remaining prawns. Set aside and keep warm.
- Turn heat down to medium. Melt butter in the same pan then add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until translucent. Add rice and stir for 30 seconds until rice is translucent.
- Add wine, and stir, scraping the bottom of the pot. Add chilli and stir in. Bring to simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
Add about ⅔ of the chicken stock. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes. Stir again, then simmer for a further 2 minutes (until liquid is mostly absorbed and rice is visible on the surface).
Add remaining stock, stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir through the rice to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
To finish, gently stir through cooked prawns. Remove risotto from heat, stir through the cream and chopped parsley.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with a few fresh parsley leaves.