- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1½ cups cooked organic chickpeas
- ½ Jap pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2½ cups vegetable stock (option to use organic chicken bone or organic beef bone broth)
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Juice 1 lemon
- Handful fresh coriander or parsley leaves, chopped, to garnish
- Cooked organic basmati rice or organic tri-colour quinoa, to serve
1. Place all vegetables, spices, onion, garlic and stock (except salt, lemon juice, fresh herbs and quinoa) to slowcooker pot and stir well. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
2. Just before serving, add sea salt and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Serve with fresh herbs and cooked quinoa.